Hey, my name is whitney. Im starting a new plan to diet and exercise becasue I would really like to loose 15 pounds. Im just getting started and im completley cleaning out the panty and buying all new healthy foods. So my first trip to the grocery today im wondering what do you think would be easy and essental to add to my list without breaking the bank? (I pack my lunch a lot on the go) :)
My ultimate cheap healthy foods that are always on my grocery shopping list are:
- canned tuna (in water, no oil)
- eggs: I have a small electric egg cooker machine to make hard boiled eggs without the hassle of cooking water in a pan
- canned black beans (I rince them to get rid of the liquid/sauce in the can before eating them)
- unsalted almonds
- low fat cottage cheese
- low fat Greek yogurt (without any flavoring, plain)
- cherry tomatoes (easy to eat without having to cut anything)
- cucumber (16 calories per cup!)
- carrots (I eat them raw, bugs bunny style)
When you start eating healthy foods only, they may taste a little bit bland if you’re used to fast food. It might be a good idea to buy some condiments like Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, spices of your choice to make them more interesting.
I hope this helps!