No-cook meal plan in January issue of Shape Magazine (US edition): www.self.com/jumpstart
What I like about this meal plan:
- It gives you many different options, it’s very simple and flexible, especially if you’re a teenager or a college student with limited cooking equipment.
- It gives you a clear macronutrient breakdown, i.e. the things to look for on nutrition labels: how many grams of protein and fiber you should be getting for example.
What I don’t really like:
- Overall it doesn’t seem low in sugar (Starbucks oatmeal with dried fruits for example: 20 g of sugar), plus the portion sizes of the ‘treats’ are super small. I think a big apple is probably more satisfying (and cheaper) than one tiny “Starbucks cake pop”.
- It’s low in calories (1,600 kcal/day): not the best meal plan for active women who work out several times per week, are satisfied with their weight, but just want to shape up and look tighter.
- If you eat out too often, you’ll probably be getting too much sodium.