Right now, I pretty much eat whatever I want, but I'm starting to get my workout routine down but have no idea what I should be eating before and after I workout or just good things to eat in general. Do you have any suggestions?
Here is an example of a meal plan from a fitness magazine to give you an idea on how you could plan your meals:
I’ll try to post more meal plans on my blog to give you more suggestions.
Examples of pre-workout meals (2 hours to 30 min before your workout) could be:
- two brown rice cakes with humus, one apple
- a chickpea salad with cherry tomatoes
- a green salad with chicken in a whole wheat tortilla
Example of post-workout meals (within 30 min after your workout) could be:
- a banana and nonfat cottage cheese
- a protein shake with frozen berries
- an apple and a cup of Greek yogurt