what is a healthy lunch I could take to school? We don't have microwaves so, I can't have a frozen meal. love your blog :)
Here are a few examples of healthy lunches:
- a whole wheat tortilla filled with one can of tuna, Romaine lettuce, pieces of apple and mustard.
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (250g) mixed with 3-4 tablespoons of oats and 15 frozen berries. The frozen berries are going to keep the Greek yogurt fresh, and by the time you have to eat lunch they’re not going to be frozen anymore; don’t forget to pack a spoon too! Pack also some cucumber slices aside to get your veggies.
- 2 sticks of low fat string cheese, 1 to 2 tomatoes (eat them without cutting them, as if they were apples), and 2 pieces of spinach cake
- a green salad with walnuts and a big home made protein bar
- 2 hard boiled eggs, a chickpea salad made with canned chickpeas and veggies (broccoli, carrots, pickles), 1 kiwi
- any kind of yellow cheese
- any kind of processed meat / sausages
Don’t forget to pack 2 snacks too (one for mid-morning, one for mid-afternoon). Examples of healthy snacks:
- 1 apple and 20 unsalted almonds
- celery sticks (as many as you want) and 2 teaspoons of peanut butter
- 10 strawberries and 20 cashews
- sliced cucumber with hummus
- 2 sticks low fat string cheese
- 3 healthy peanut butter cookies
I hope this helps a bit!